Monday, January 14, 2008

New Year - New Update

Well, we are off to a descent start in a new year! I have updated some of the links here on my blog space, and am finalizing the updates to my personal website DurbinDigital.com.

I am trying to get myself really motivated to rebuild my portfolio. Every time I think about it, I get a wee bit depressed. When my portfolio was stolen, I lost 3 1/2 years of my best, most recent work. It is really hard recovering from a loss like that, because employers want to see your work. Without your work, you can't get a job, because you can't prove your talent without your work.

Well this is the year I will take my work to the next level, and build a portfolio to be proud of.

I have picked up teaching a few more classes at the local community college, I am working on getting more digital scrapbooking things coordinated and running, I am also finishing up final details on my personal site (as I had mentioned above), and lastly I am devoting a number of hours per week to building a new portfolio, which means lots of art!!!

My motivational tool that I will be using for inspirations is the very large community of artists at ConceptArt.org . They have awesome numbers of activities and contests going at all times, and the topics are broad enough that the imagination has a lot of room to play! I am very excited in this new adventure, and I look forward to sharing my progress in the near future!